Thursday, May 3, 2012

Clean it up! Bobby Berk’s Spring Cleaning Challenge







This is not my room, but it very well could be. I definitely have an “organized chaos” approach when it comes to keeping things neat and tidy. Plus, I save almost everything. Coming from a big family, there was hardly room for enough beds, let alone enough shelves or organizers. Stuff was always everywhere. But the biggest challenge I had growing up wasn’t the clutter, it was holding on to my stuff. My siblings were ways “borrowing” my things. So, I learned how to protect my “important stuff.” Now, as an adult, I find myself holding on to everything. Not in a creepy hoarder-type of way, but I know I definitely hold on to old clothes, broken jewelry and mismatching furniture for too long. Because, hey, I bought it, it’s mine and you never know when you’ll need it, right?
But, every now and then (especially if my room starts to look like the above), I begin to get the anxious feeling that my room is going to swallow me whole; that there’s just too much stuff, too many colors, too much over-stimulation. I want to just get rid of it all. However, sometimes it’s just really overwhelming to try and muster up the motivation to purge my room of unnecessary things… I wish I had someone who could help me methodically and systematically let go of my organized chaos and help me embrace clean, sophisticated design for optimal organization and peace of mind…
… That’s where our design darlingBobby Berk, comes in. If you’re like me and you’re in a tug-o-war with all the stuff in your home that you’ve acquired over the years then you’re in luck! Bobby is here to challenge you to get your home and your life in tip top shape. Never fear, Bobby is here!

Are you ready for CHALLENGE #12?


Here’s what to do:

De-clutter and simplify your life by removing one item from your home every day for 10 days. From seldom-used kitchen appliances to that dress you will never wear again that’s still hanging in your closet, Bobby challenges you to rid your home of items that are over-stimulating and over-complicating your living experience. (Extra bonus points: de-clutter your home and help others by donating your items to a local charity! Double Extra Points: Take a picture of each item and share it on The Spring Cleaning Challenge event wall on Spa Week’s Facebook Page.)

Why:

Bobby says a clean and organized home can do wonders for your overall health and well-being. You will feel empowered by freeing yourself of bulky design elements like too-big vases and lamps or cluttered and under-used storage bins that are just taking up space. Liberate yourself from bad design and clutter and turn your home into a sanctuary of inviting relaxation that you can be proud of and will look forward to coming home to.

When:

Friday, May 4 to Sunday, May 13

Who says:


About Design and Organizational Expert Bobby Berk: This Texas native started his career at powerhouses Restoration Hardware and Portico Bed & Bath. He is known for his mid-century style and playful use of acrylic, stainless steel, and wood. You’ve probably seen his designs on HGTV, Bravo, Extreme Home Makeover; the list goes on and on. Best of all, Bobby has truly bridged the gap between the ridiculously high priced yet innovative designs you oh-so desire and the lame cheap-o pieces you find at super stores with zero wow factor. He just oozes style and creativity and we can’t wait for him to share his lifestyle tips and tricks with you during his challenge. He has Bobby Berk Home store locations in New York, Miami and Atlanta (and an online website/showroom you could spend hours perusing). And how could you not trust the expertise of someone who made something so beautiful and fresh as this orange throne?!

What’s in it for me?

Besides feeling more empowered, optimistic and confident every single day, just by RSVPing to Bobby’s challenge event on Facebook and sharing your success stories or struggles, you’ll be automatically entered to win a $50 Spa & Wellness Gift Card by Spa Week.


No comments: