Whirlpool Corporation Arms Builders with Millennial Insights, Innovative Products at International Builders Show 2016
Jenn-Air, KitchenAid and Whirlpool brand appliances featured in Responsive Home project
Millennials will make up 35 percent of home buyers in 2016 and their purchase habits have given them trend-setter status for many of the top kitchen and laundry appliances. To help the company understand the young professional age group in terms of motivations and barriers to a home purchase and the importance of specific household design elements,
- Outdoor space is the No. 1 "must-have," followed by an open kitchen
- 53 percent of respondents classified an open kitchen as an essential home feature
- Customization is very appealing to the majority of millennials
- On average, they will spend one-fifth of their home-buying budget on customizations suited to their needs
- While renovations can be intimidating, the majority are willing to renovate
- On average, millennial home buyers plan to spend 22 percent of their total budget on renovations
Based on detailed market research, the two homes incorporate the design and features most desirable to the millennial demographic. Built by the TRI Pointe Group's
- Jenn-Air® Connected 30" Double Wall Oven with V2TM Vertical Dual-Fan Convection System: As the desire for connectivity and customization increases, this sleek, dual convection wall oven features wireless connectivity and an app for IOS and Android devices that gives users control of the oven's functions and performance.* Among many features accessible via the app is the Jenn-Air® Culinary Center, an interactive, image-driven system that uses the oven's advanced cooking system, a series of precise algorithms, and chef-tested cooking programs to give cooks the ultimate control in achieving desired results. A "My Creations" feature allows users to save the settings for their favorite recipes.
- Jenn-Air® TriFectaTMDishwasher: At just 46 dBA, the dishwasher works quietly in a completely open kitchen. Its powerful, yet quiet performance combines a host of thoughtful features, including a built-in water softener.
- Whirlpool®HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer: Compared to typical dryers that use large amounts of energy in the form of venting hot, moist air, this dryer is a ventless heat pump dryer that uses a refrigeration system to dry and recycle the same air. When using the Eco Dry setting, the dryer uses up to 73 percent less energy** utilizing a revolutionary refrigeration system to dry and recycle the same air.
"We know there is a strong demand for an open concept in homes, which includes integration with appliances beyond the kitchen," said
"Home floor plans have changed, and
Show attendees can experience the latest product innovations and gain additional insights at booth P1.9 in the Outdoor Exhibits area and at the two
For more information, visit the
*Requires Wifi and account creation. App features and functionality subject to change. Subject to Terms of Service available at: www.jennair.com/connect. Data rates may apply.
**Compared to pre-2004 traditional dryers, when paired with a matching washer, Normal cycle, electric only.